Top questions English teachers are asked at job interviews 6/15
9) What are some of the trends, issues, and methodologies in education that relate to your specific curriculum area or grade level?
Here are some trends, issues, and methodologies that relate to most subjects and grade levels. You might say: It seems that increasingly students have more information and knowledge than ever before due to access to the internet. A teacher has to be aware of what the internet is, how it can be used in positive ways, and how to protect students from negative influences on the internet.
It can be a powerful learning tool for students. In addition, technology in general has changed education greatly. Using computers, videos, and other kinds of technology makes lessons more interesting and more fun. It also makes it easier to teach students with varying needs. A computer with internet access can open the world up to the classroom.
An issue that is important is teaching to state standards. School time is limited and we must make the best use of it that we can, so I try to relate every lesson and activity to a grade level standard. That keeps me focused on the overarching goal of improving education and helping children do better academically.
One of the most important methodologies in my opinion is teaching through multiple intelligences. Children learn in so many different ways. I try to reach everyone by teaching through the senses, using visual, auditory, and sense of touch to impart information. When possible, I try to include the senses of taste and smell, too!
10) Do you know what is going on in education today? Do you have a passion for the profession? In other words, do you stay current?
Here is a possible answer for this question. I love education. I think that it is imperative to be a lifelong learner when one is a teacher. I plan to continue my education by (fill in this blank with your own plans). Technology continues to evolve into a strategic part of education. Tablet PCs and hand held devices are the newest gadgets on the market for students to use; the internet is an incredible resource. Technology provides interactive, individualized learning experiences, increasing student engagement and efficiency – in safer and more secure schools. Multiculturalism and securing equal opportunities for all are important themes in education. And, of course, teaching to state standards to upgrade student academic progress is very important.
11) What is your classroom management plan?
My general classroom management plan is to make my classroom feel like a home to every student. I want them to feel valued, intelligent, safe, and comfortable. I want them to respect me, the teacher, and each other and to show that respect by treating everyone with kindness and caring. The class environment must be conducive to learning so I welcome everyone’s opinions and encourage and respect student differences. I try to understand the expectations of my students and make them aware of my expectations. I always make it a point to clearly communicate my expectations at the beginning of the school year. In this way, I ensure that the students and I are moving toward the same goal – learning for all. I establish firm, but fair and consistent discipline. I try to maintain a regular schedule each day. If the classroom is well-managed and teaching is effective, the participants in this learning environment will learn, grow, and become responsible citizens.
Next Page: Tip#12 Click Here
Reference:
http://teaching.monster.com/

ليست هناك تعليقات:
إرسال تعليق